Done with Dinos and on to Bugs

Author: Michele /





I wanted to post a few pictures of my little girls doing school along with some pictures of Rachel with the Dino wall we made. I like to display the girls schoolwork and devote one wall of my living room to just that. I think it gives them a sense of accomplishment and pride in their work. It also makes a great springboard for showing off to Dad and visitors. They can then recap what they learned and exhibit their work. This started last summer when we took a trip aroudn the world, doing crafts from each country we visited. Anyway, I plan to be more consistant about posting regarding the insect unit we are doing, just to give those of you who are interested, an idea of what we do in school and how much the girls actually learn. It is an amazing thing how much they rise to meet your expectations. It makes me sad for the standards in public schools. I can see already Elizabeth with school learning to do what is expected and not what is best. To watch the kids beg to do schoolwork and art projects lifts my heart. I guess I must be doing something right. I will post tonight or tomorrow about the Insect stuff we have started, as well as some pictures of some of the games I have made the girls. I will also add the links to the sites we use, so again, anyone who is interested can look at exactly what we are doing.

Other than that, we are all doing well. Finally got the house and all the yards clean! I also added the van to that mix yesterday. It really frees up my time to clean before bed, but boy does it make me tired. Anyway, I am off to make spider puppets. Will post again soon.

Light, Blessings and Joy to all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment