Like A Pheonix From The Ashes

Author: Michele /


(There is a reason I have this tattoo)

It is so hard to believe it has been over 3 years since I last posted here. It's amazing the things that 3+ years can change. We have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old son, Nathan, and another beautiful son on the way. We have moved completely across country, leaving behind Texas, its drama and my family. I won't go into details for many reasons, but should I go the rest of my life without them involved with myself or my children or my husband, it will be perfectly fine. For several reasons, including them, it will be a little different here around Creative Mommy. No more personal details, and no details specific to where we actually are living now. I originally stopped blogging here because of some hateful comments posted by my family, most of which dealt with how useless and pathetic I am and rather than feed into the drama, I went into hiding. There were some horrendous family situations that occurred and please trust me that it was not an easy choice to cut off all ties, but rather a necessary one.

It has been almost 2 years since we have had any contact with them. So let me tell you a little about what I can. Elizabeth is almost 10 now and Abigail is staring down the barrel of her 4th birthday. We will be having a bug bash (since the girls' birthdays are only 1 day apart it will be a joint party). Can you see that somethings haven't changed around the Henson home? Rachel is starting 2nd grade and has been identified under G and T in two states. Julia is a soccer playing devil with aspirations to play goalie when she gets a little bigger. Nathan- or as he refers to himself "Mr. Boy" is 2 1/2 and all boy. He has an inherent love of all things car. I am six weeks or so away from giving birth to our surprise and completely unplanned third son. Jason couldn't be happier.

Jason and I had a rough bout about a year ago, but I am pleased to say we made it through, stronger than ever. We are deeply happy with our transplanted roots, and the entire family has bloomed and grown here. Due to some bullying incidents at the local elementary school, we are once more embarking on a homeschool journey. We had planned to wait until the baby was a year old, but decided this was actually for the best. I have to admit, I am looking forward to it again. And coming back to this blog, and looking back over what we did in the past has only fueled that fire. I was actually accused at one point, right before we cut off contact with my family, of only homeschooling because I was too lazy to get up and take my kids to school. I can honestly say to that "fuck you." I might have been led into doubt that I was providing my children with a quality education, but looking back- holy crap we did a lot of cool stuff and they learned a ton.

I have been planning out our first month of school and am almost to my favorite part- all the projects and art and cooking and games and educational fun. You are welcome to stop over to our new blog for some very different fun (the style of that blog is VERY different from this one and there are NO personal stories/pictures/details. http://5speckledfrogs.wordpress.com/ Or you can continue to follow me here. I will be checking in (I promise)and updating with some fun stuff. If you are still out there and still reading, thank you. Thank you for waiting for us and for caring enough to still check in. And I hope and pray that you have been blessed while we have been away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment